It may seem hard at first glance, but there are a few ways out there that help you locate foreclosure assistance and mortgage help. Texas mortgage help is available to all areas of the state including Dallas and Houston.
The information pertaining to the assistance with other bills can be found in Texas as well. The state of Texas also pushing a program called Hope for Homeowners. This program is designed for people who are at risk of losing their home due to foreclosure and/or default. This new program will help those who are struggling to pay their current loan and fix them with a new 30-year, fixed rate mortgages that is insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA). The beauty of this program is that with the FHA long through this program, the interest rate should be lower, which should also equal lower and more affordable monthly payments.
General Texas mortgage assistance program requirements
In order to determine if you are eligible for Texas mortgage help, you would need to contact that your lender or mortgage provider, however, you also may be eligible for help with your mortgage if these other factors are met:
- The home you live in is your primary residence, and you have no other homes in your name.
- Your existing mortgage was originated on or before January 1, 2008 and you have paid at least six mortgage bills.
- You are in need of aid to make payments on your current mortgage.
- As of March 2008, the total monthly mortgage payments you are making need to be greater than 31 percent of your gross monthly income.
- You need to certify that you have not been convicted of any type of fraud within the past 10 years, that you have not intentionally defaulted on debts or bills; and that you did not willingly or knowingly provide material false information to obtain your existing mortgage(s).
- Call Texas Department of Housing at 1-800-525-0657 to learn about various programs.
Foreclosure assistance and counseling from Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA)
Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs have partnered up The National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling (NFMC). They are working Together to provide free counseling, and also work with the homeowner and lender on a home loan payment plan. Texas mortgage help is something that many companies are working hard to provide.
Houston Texas agencies
Locate information on agencies, counselors, and foreclosure assistance programs that focus their resources on Texas mortgage help more specifically in the Houston and Harris County area homeowners. A number of non-profit organizations operate in the region, and can help people by offering loan modifications, mediation services and other foreclosure assistance. They are available to you whenever you need them to be.
Dallas and Tarrant County mortgage programs
Several non-profit housing agencies as well as Fannie Mae provide free foreclosure assistance and Texas mortgage help assistance programs to struggling homeowners in the greater Dallas County region. This service is performed in person as you will have the ability to meet face to face with a HUD certified counselor to explore all options and solution that you may have.
Fannie Mae mortgage center in Dallas
Two local non-profit housing agencies, as well as Fannie Mae, are partnering together to provide Texas mortgage help to struggling homeowners in the Dallas and Tarrant County areas with free foreclosure assistance, prevention advice and housing counseling. Tarrant County Housing Partnership, Fannie Mae, and North Texas Housing Coalition all provide services through the Mortgage Help Center. For more information, please see the attached link.